Arts Impact offers stand alone foundational arts lessons and arts-infused lessons that can be used at multiple grade levels as well as grade specific PreK-5 sequential arts-infused curricula. Over 100 foundational arts lessons and arts lessons infused with math, reading, writing, and science can be found in the Searchable Lesson Plan Database. Grade level specific PreK-5 arts-infused curricula in math, reading, and writing can be found in the Curricula section. Curricula for Arts EnviroChallenger and Arts FUNdamentals can also be found in the Curricula section.
All Arts Impact programs use a common lesson plan format co-designed with classroom teachers. Each lesson identifies the following key components:
- Enduring understanding: the big idea of the lesson
- Student learning targets and criteria
- Instructional and classroom management strategies
- Cultural and material resources
- Essential lesson vocabulary
- Assessment strategies
- National Core Arts Standards
- Common Core State Standards
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Washington State Early Learning Guidelines
Lesson Plan Database
This searchable database includes lessons from various Arts Impact models: Arts Foundations and Arts Infusion; Arts-infused Summer School; Arts Impact/Arts Leadership; Teacher Training: Arts as Literacy; and selected teacher written lessons.
Some lessons focus on foundational arts concepts and some on arts-infused concepts. Each lesson includes clear learning targets, assessments, resource materials, teaching strategies, and examples of prompts. All lessons are aligned with National Core Arts Standards and Common Core State Standards. Applicable lessons are also aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Washington State Early Learning Guidelines.
Arts Impact makes these lessons available for public use to provide support for on-going teacher autonomy in teaching and infusing the arts in the classroom. Please credit Arts Impact and the specific lesson authors when sharing or teaching these lessons.
Browse the full database or search using any of the following categories:
- Pre-K – 8th grade
- Grade level: Kindergarten – 5th grade
- Artistic disciplines: Dance, Theater, and Visual Arts
- Core content area: Math, Reading, Writing, and Science
- Arts concept: examples include shape, character or pattern
- Academic concept: examples include narrative, story structure or symmetry
- Artistic skill or technique: examples include drawing, movement or physical/vocal choice
Sample Lesson Plan Templates
- Arts Foundations
- Arts Foundations – Early Learning
- Arts Infusion
- Arts Infusion – Early Learning
- Arts and Math Infusion
- Arts and Reading Infusion
- Arts and Writing Infusion