Arts Impact’s professional learning program enables classroom teachers to teach standards-based arts concepts, skills and techniques, and to infuse the arts into other core curricular areas. Professional learning is experiential, sustained and practical, supporting successful change in instructional practice and improvement in student outcomes.
By providing step-by-step strategies to teach in and through the arts, Arts Impact helps teachers bring art into their everyday classroom experience. Arts Impact teachers learn to teach to the whole child and to reach students who may struggle with traditional approaches to learning.
Course content includes:
- Dance, Theater and Visual Arts foundational concepts, skills and techniques
- Lesson aligned with National Core Arts Standards, Common Core State Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and Washington State Early Learning Guidelines
- Arts-infused teaching and learning strategies
- Criteria-based performance assessment strategies
- Classroom management strategies for teaching in the arts
- Planning, teaching, and assessing practicum with an Artist Mentor coach
- Lesson plan development
- Planning for sustainability
In addition, Arts Impact offers two artist in residence programs–Arts FUNdamentals and Arts EnviroChallenger/EcoArts for K-5 grades.